Learning Strategies for Postgraduates to the memory
of Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
4th - 16th December 2017
10th - 22nd December 2017
Central University of Tamil Nadu
Funded by INSA (expected)
Welcome to the home page of Learning Strategies for Postgraduates to the memory
of Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar,
This will be a workshop to 1st and 2nd year M.Sc. / 4th and 5th year Integrated MSc students of India. There will be courses in foundation for various topics in mathematics like, Algebra, Analysis, Linear Algebra and Differential Equations . We will aim to cover both fundamental and advanced topics. The faculty will be active and reputed mathematicians with a commitment to teaching. The aim of this workshop is to show the natural flavor of doing mathematics and encourages independent learning. Please read the aims and objectives of nurture in the home page.
Department of Mathematics,
Central University of Tamil Nadu,
Who can Apply?
Its open to all 1st and 2nd year M.Sc. / 4th and 5th year Integrated M.Sc. students or equivalent studying in India. 5-10% seats may be allotted to those who completed M.Sc. / MPhil.
How to Apply?
- Fill this online application form. A pdf will be generated, you need to print it and get it signed by your head of the department confirming your affiliation. Scan and send the soft copy of the signed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "nurture application - PG_17NUR---".
- The MSc completed applicants need not get the application signed by your alma mater, rather send us your MSc completion certificate like Provisional/Degree certificate to email@example.com.
Make sure you have acrobad pdf reader in your device. Its needed to generate the pdf version of your application.
Request one of your mathematics teachers to send soft copy of the recommendation letter
(Attached here) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Recommendation - PG_17NUR---" (make sure your registeration number is mentioned in the subject of the email).
The completed application form along with the recommendation letter (by email) should reach by 14th November , 2017
- Last date for application submission:
14th November '17 20th November '17; 6:00PM
- Announcement of Selected candidates:
15th November '17 21th November '17; 6:00PM
- Confirmation of Participation:
18th November '17 24th November '17
- Programme Dates:
4th - 16th December '17 4th - 15th December '17 10th - 22nd December '17
- Rs. 1,000/= for students pursuing M.Sc / Int. M.Sc
- Rs. 2,000/= for those who completed M.Sc or pursuing M.Phil.
Selected canditates will be informed about the mode of the payment
Workshop Registration Fee include
- Workshop attendance
- Workshop materials
- Accomdation for the entire period of the workshop (13 days)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for the entire period of the workshop (13 days)
- Participation Certificate
- The selection will be purely on merit, based on consistently good academic record and the recommendation letter from a mathematics professor closely acquainted with the candidate
- Only selected candidates will be informed (by email) of their selection
- The list of selected candidates will also be posted on the workshop website
- Candidates selected for the programme will be provided free boarding, lodging and reading materials for the duration of the workshop
Second sleeper class Travel Allowance may be paid subject to the availability of funds. Due to paucity of funds we are not providing travel allowance for this workshop
(19 Oct 1910 - 21 Aug 1995)
For any further information please feel free to contact us on email@example.com, +91 - 83 00 25 1729
(please text me, thanks)
The student is best taught who is told the least
- Robert Lee Moore